Here are 25 things to do in Connecticut this fall:
1. Take your mom antiquing in Woodbury.
2. Visit the Hill-Stead museum’s farmers market.
3. Then hike their trails.
4. Enjoy happy hour on a rooftop in Hartford before it gets too chilly!
5. Visit Stonington Borough for a beautiful walk amid foliage and old homes with the smell of salt in the air.
7. Take a walk on the beach in Fairfield sporting your LL Bean boots.
8. Go leaf peeping at Sharpe Hill Vineyard and take in the gorgeous foliage that spans three states: Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
10. Bring the kids to Lost Acres Orchard in North Granby for apple picking and cider drinking.
11. Take a day rip to the CT Shoreline, Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford, have some seafood in Westbrook, and drink wine in Clinton.
12. Try a warm apple cider doughnut at Dondero Orchard in South Glastonbury. Then pick some pumpkins.
17. Shop and eat at the Coventry Farmer’s Market.
18. Check out the hike at Natchaug State Forest in Eastford.
19. Eat at Pho 51 in East Hartford. A lot of pho.
20. Walk around Yale and the New Haven Green.
22. Go apple and pumpkin picking at Lapsley Orchard in Pomfret and drink their cider.
23. Visit the gorgeous farm stand at South Farms in Morris.
24. Take a day trip to Coventry.
25. Bundle up and sit in an Adirondack chair at Saltwater Farm Vineyard in Stonington.
Rain or shine, fall is the absolute best time to be outdoors in Connecticut. If you absolutely refuse to go outside, then at least eat lots of apple cider doughnuts and pizza. Hey, it’s Connecticut so pizza is always appropriate.