I did a little spiffing up of Connecticut Day Trips this week, namely, editing the blog roll in the right column to reflect sites I actually read on a regular bases. You’ll find some old standbys like Smitten Kitchen–my Mom made her raspberry coconut macaroon recipe last night they are divine–and some new favorites like Classy Girls Wear Pearls. This one may be a little too preppy (even for me!), but it’s chock full of beautiful New England scenery. I especially liked the post shot at the The Squantum Association in East Providence, Rhode Island. Next upgrades will be an actual Connecticut Day Trips logo, hopefully coming Summer of 2012.
Here are some other pieces that attracted my attention this week.
* Leeanne Griffin of the Hartford Courant and Fun With Carbs did her own day trip, The Recipe For a Perfect Day Off. I’m a sucker for any blog post that begins with a “Parks and Recreation” video clip, and includes so many great dining, drinking, and snacking recommendations from the shoreline to Middletown to Hartford.
* Our own CT Calendar Girl, aka Sarah Miner, did a story about the jazz scene in Hartford (video).
* Pictures, a review, and story about the New England Air Museum in Windsor.
* A roundup of Connecticut Earth Day Events from Connecticut Bloggers.
* The Northeast Beer Hunter reviews the close-to-the-Connecticut-border Decicco’s Family Market in Brewster, New York.
* And a roundup of all the events going on in Connecticut in the coming weeks from CT Out & About.
Watermelon and cole slaw from 85 Main in Putnam, CT.0